When you have two children who are fighting, here is what you do:
- Let them know they are going to play a game with each other right now.
- Put them standing across from each other or sitting across from each other
- Tell them that they are going to time the while they look at each other and smile. If they start laughing, they have to start all over.
- Time them and watch how long it takes for them to become friends again. Should be about five minutes or less.
- Remember: they need to keep smiling at each other the entire time or the clock starts again.